Friday, July 22, 2011

10 Cool & Unique Songs To Wake Up To

 Need some motivation and/or energy when you wake up in the morning? What better way than via some cool wake up songs! Music can definitely help you out, but it needs to be the right song. Now, I wanted to create a very unique and different list. I’m tired of lists with “eye of the tiger”, “I will survive”, and “we are the champions”. Nothing against those songs, but I wanted to modernize this a little bit :) So here is my top 10 cool & unique songs to listen to in the morning, in no particular order:
I tried to include alot of different genres so that there is something to appeal to everyone’s tastes
1- Ray of Light by Madonna
This is such a great morning song. It’s very happy and you can’t help but to be uplifted by it. Although it was released ten years ago in 1998, it still sounds current. It’s one of my favorite songs from Madonna’s best album (IMO).
2- Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown
I always see his song “I feel good” on motivating song lists, but I figured, there must be an even better song that the Godfather of Soul performed, and let me tell you, this is it! This is such a cool song, that even though is many decades old, could still be a hit today. I really like this one, it’s perfect to wake up to, and click the link to watch the video, it’s really endearing!
3- Rise Up by R. Kelly
This song, I wasn’t too familiar with. I believe it was created in memory of Virginia Tech shooting. After listening to it, I had to include it on this list. Just its message to “rise up, even if you can’t go on” is perfect for anyone that needs inspiration in the morning.
4- Wanna Be Startin’ Something by Michael Jackson
With the recent death of the King of Pop, I have been inclined to rediscover his music, and finding some oldies but goodies! Seriously, this is such a good song that just makes you “wanna start somethin’”, such as dancing! Great way to start your day by doing the Moonwalk!
5- I Can See Clearly Now by Jimmy Cliff
This song’s version is the best one ever made in my opinion. The beat is much more uplifting and happy than the Johnny Nash version. Plus, with such lyrics as “gonna be a bright, bright sun shiny day” how can you go wrong with waking up with such a song!
6- I’m Alive by Celine Dion
I have to admit, that I am not a huge Celine Dion fan. It’s just not my kind of music, but this song is just perfect for the morning. It’s simple, to the point, and has a great message. Seriously, what better way to start your day than with the thought “I’m alive!” ;)
7- Get Up by Ciara
This is the most current song on this list. For anyone that loves R&B, this is a great song to listen to in the morning. It’s Ciara’s best song so far, and although not full of crazy beats to get you out of bed, it’s sweet and it makes you feel good just listening to it.
8- Get Up by Technotronic
Ok, while browsing on YouTube for Ciara’s song, I came across this gem! For anyone that grew up in the 80′s, you just smile when you hear this song. It’s fun, crazy, very dated, but this is one song that is guaranteed to get you out of bed and moving!
9- Beautiful Day by U2
One of you wrote a comment below mentioning this song, and I couldn’t believe I had overlooked this song on my original list! This is a perfect song to start a brand new day, the right way. Ideal morning song, no question about it :)
10 – Every Morning by Sugar Ray
For anyone that is fond of the late 90′s, you can associate the era with this song! This song has such a cool vibe to it, it just flows so well, and it’s made to be a morning song. I wouldn’t be surprised that many radio stations out there play this in their morning rotations. Just a fun song that makes you feel good when you wake up :)
Here’s a few songs that I almost added to the top ten:
The Power by Snap
Lose Yourself by Eminem
Everywhere by Bran Van 3000
I’d love to read about your favorite morning songs, so leave some comments about them :)

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...